a day at Klenová Castle


Last time I visited Klenová Castle turned out to be my lucky day. Klenová castle is situated between Klatovy and Nýrsko.

It was my lucky day because it turned out that today there where medieval plays in the castle with dancers and actors and "real" sword duels.

I usually go to Klenová Castle to admire the art that is displayed in the castle. They have beautiful collections of modern and classic art. And between the remains of the old castle they have an impressive collection of modern sculptures at display.

The whole yard was used by the medieval plays, there where stalls where you could buy medieval food and drinks, a black smith who made swords and axes and the kids could shoot with a bow.

At the end of the day I totally forgot that I was there to look at the art collection, but I'll be back soon...